Personal Injury Attorney in Ojai
Helping You Work to Secure Justice & Recovery after an Accident
An unexpected accident can be a life-altering experience with lasting consequences. Knowing the accident in question could have—and should have—been avoided can make it that much more difficult to move on. As your Ojai personal injury lawyer, I can help you understand your legal options after an accident that leaves you or a loved one injured. If another person, company, or entity acted negligently, you may be entitled to financial compensation for your damages. While this compensation cannot undo the suffering you have experienced, it can help with the cost of medical treatment, lost income or wages, pain and suffering, reduced earning ability, and more.
Were you injured in an accident caused by someone else’s negligence? Contact Ryan Blatz Law at (805) 798-2249 to find out how I might be able to help. Free consultations are available by phone or in person.
Determining Liability in Personal Injury Cases
Whether you were involved in a car or truck accident, injured by a defective product, or harmed as a result of dangerous conditions on someone else’s property, you may only be entitled to financial recovery if you can show that someone else was liable for the incident. Negligence is the key factor in determining liability. In other words, you must show that someone else acted negligently and that this negligence led to the accident and/or your injuries.
There are countless ways in which an accident may be caused by negligence. Some common examples include:
- An individual who is texting while driving fails to stop at a red light and runs into another motorist, causing an accident.
- The owner of a commercial vehicle imposes unreasonable quotas on drivers, causing a driver to speed or continuing operating the vehicle while fatigued.
- A children’s toy company manufactures a defective toy but allows it to enter the market anyway, leading to injuries.
- The driver of an automobile fails to yield to a pedestrian in the crosswalk, hitting him or her and causing catastrophic injury.
- A construction site lacks the proper safety measures outlined by the Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA), leading to construction accidents.
- A distracted automobile driver swerves into a bicycle lane, hitting and injuring an oncoming cyclist.
As mentioned above, these are just some examples of how negligence may lead to an accident. If you believe your injuries were caused by the negligence of another person, company, business, or entity, get in touch with my firm to learn more about your legal options.
Consultations are free and you pay nothing unless a verdict or settlement is successfully obtained.
Compassionate, Personalized Representation
As a dedicated personal injury lawyer in Ojai, I am committed to standing up for ordinary individuals and the members of our community. In many cases, insurance companies will attempt to devalue or deny a claim outright—even when the claim is just. To avoid paying out large sums, insurance companies will also offer low-ball settlements that do not meet the needs of an injured victim. At Ryan Blatz Law, I make it my mission to help you secure the full, fair settlement you are owed. If an insurance company refuses to settle, I am prepared to litigate your case in court.
I understand just how overwhelming it can be to find yourself suddenly facing serious injuries or the wrongful death of a loved one. Because of this, I strive to offer my clients compassionate and honest legal counsel. I work to keep you informed throughout the process as I advocate for you both in and out of the courtroom.
Schedule a free, confidential case evaluation with my office today. Call (805) 798-2249 or contact the firm online to get started. No Recovery, No Fee.